The National Jewish Health Interventional Pulmonology Program offers a wide spectrum of minimally invasive diagnostic, therapeutic and palliative (symptom-relieving) airway procedures.
National Jewish Health is now one of only a handful of centers around the country-and the only center in the Rocky Mountain Region-offering interventional pulmonology services with a formally trained specialist.
- Identify, diagnose and treat pulmonary nodules
- Early detection of lung cancer
- Diagnose and treat airway obstructions due to benign and malignant diseases
- Airway recanalization with laser and other modalities
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Pleural procedures
- Airways stent implantation and removal
- Balloon bronchoplasty
- Bronchial thermoplasty
The Interventional Pulmonology team will perform most procedures at National Jewish Health, however, procedures requiring anesthesia, an operating room or follow-up ICU care will be done at Rose Medical Center.
Our procedure units are equipped with:
New had happen
The Interventional Pulmonology team will be conducting several multinational and national clinical trials, including those focused on treatment of asthma and emphysema with non-pharmacological approaches.